The Court understands that people sometimes make mistakes and therefore we offer options for certain first-time offenders.

 ·         Minor traffic violations (e.g. speeding, disobeying a stop sign, etc.) can often be amended so that they don’t appear on a person’s driving record. There are very strict requirements for this program, so if you are interested in amending a citation, you should contact the court clerk prior to your court date to see if you are eligible.

 ·         A more formal diversion process is available for violations such as a first DUI or no-insurance charge. Again, there are strict eligibility requirements to be able to qualify for formal diversion, but you (and/or your attorney) should wait until your first court appearance to ask about this program.