Descriptions & Applications
Board of Zoning Appeals
The appointee holds a three-year term and must attend meetings as needed to act upon requests for variances from the City’s Zoning Ordinance.
- The City is seeking volunteers for the Board of Zoning Appeals. Application
The appointee holds a four-year-term and must attend monthly meetings to discuss topics such as programs, policies and the library budget. Members also promote the Library at various city events and attend required training provided by the Northeast Kansas Library System.
- The City is seeking volunteers for the Lansing Community Library Advisory Board. Application
The appointee holds a four-year term and will represent the city of Lansing on a five member board. Responsibilities include attending monthly meetings, setting policies and establishing the annual budget.
The appointee holds a two-year term. Duties include overseeing the program(s), attending board meetings on the second Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m., participating in board discussions, making recommendations concerning the Parks and Recreation programs to the City Council and assisting with various related events.
- The City of Lansing is seeking a volunteer for our Parks & Recreation Advisory Board. Application
The appointee holds a three-year term and must attend meetings held on the second Thursday of January, March, May, September and November. Members will participate in board discussions and assist in various related events.
- There are two (2) open positions on the Tree Board. One position is to fulfill a term of three (3) years expiring on December 31, 2020, and the other is to fulfill a term of three (3) years expiring on December 31, 2021. Application
The appointee holds a three-year term and must attend monthly meetings scheduled for the third Wednesday of every month. They will participate in discussions about platting and zoning as well as policies including the comprehensive plan which guides development in the future for the jurisdiction. Members are closely involved with the development of subdivisions (residential, commercial and industrial) and provide a guide for future transportation, community facilities and land use decisions that impact the community as a whole.
- The City of Lansing is seeking volunteers for the Planning Commission. Application
This volunteer position requires applicants be at least 21 years of age, have a High School Diploma or equivalent and a valid driver's license. *NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS*