Home Occupations

The zoning ordinance allows for some types of home occupations in residential areas. Operation of a commercial business is prohibited in areas zoned residential. Prior to starting any business from your place of residence, please contact the Community Development office at 913-727-2400 or the City Clerk's office at 913-727-3036.

If a business is approved to be home based a license is required; the annual fee is $25.00. The license is good from January 1st thru December 31st of each year. Business owners can renew annually at a cost of $25.00.

On the application, business owners information is placed in the Applicant Information section and business information is placed in the Business Information section.

A home based business is considered a general; home based business.